After two years of living-in and working on this project that we call home, our school bus conversion is finally nearing its completion. This week we are putting the final coats of paint on our new cabinets and trim work. The interior will be completely finished! While we have already traveled through several western states and logged thousands of miles on highways and back-roads alike, we are now planning our greatest bus excursion yet.
|Click map for larger size.|
- Portland, Oregon, to visit friends and family (especially our new niece due June 10th!)
- Crater Lake NP, we lived in Oregon four years and never made it there. Pathetic, I know.
- Ashland, OR, we have heard many great things about this area.
- The Oregon Coast, we hope to stop at some farms along the way.
- The Washington Coast, all the way to the Olympic Peninsula and Olympic NP.
- Mt Rainer NP
- The Northern Cascades and the Leavenworth WA area, because we love mountains :)
- Missoula, Mt. and the Bitterroot Valley, hoping for a farm stay here.
- Yellowstone NP, because you can't see it too many times.
- Southwestern Colorado, our least explored part of the state. Anyone want to show us around?
- Santa Fe, NM, yum chile peppers.
- Northern Texas and Oklahoma, any suggestions?
- Fayetteville, AR, to visit family especially our nephew Xander!
- Nashville, TN, the birthplace of bluegrass music. Enough said.
- Great Smokey Mtns NP
- Ashville, NC, looking for a farm-stay
- NYC, not so sure about navigating that beast with this beast, but I've done crazier things (I think).
- Boston and Massachusetts, to visit family, Noah and Seth our nephews-in-love.
- Vermont, for friends, family and the beautiful colors of fall in the Green Mountains.
We are making a list of potential places to stay and volunteer. We would love to explore anything related to the interests that we have mentioned on this blog. Our interests include (but are not limited to) organic farming, permaculture, biodynamic practices, homesteading, green building, small-scale renewable energy (solar, micro-hydro, wind), beer and wine making, small space design and living, intentional communities, any related journalism and writing, cheese making, animal husbandry, and all things related to food and cooking, especially Slow Food. If you or anyone you know might be interested in hosting us, please send us an email ( just click the "Email Me" button in the side bar) or leave us a comment on this post. We are open to anything. Although we cant offer any monetary compensation, we are very happy to trade labor, knowledge and some good conversation for a place to park our bus. We will be documenting the experiences, people and places of our travels on this blog. Thanks for checking in!
|Promises of spring in the greenhouse at Full Circle Farm|